Winters got me feeling so, so lazy. It’s terrible. Postmates + Caviar love me, my waist + wallet hate me. That’s why I’m on the hunt for the laziest, most efficient + healthy hacks out there and this recipe checks all the boxes:
- Easy clean up
- Meal prep friendly (yields 4 servings)
- Paleo + Whole 30 approved
- <600 calories
Like I said, I’m feeling pretty lazy, so grocery shopping is really just an InstaCart order from my sofa or desk. Often times, that means your preferred veggies are unavailable– leaving you with zucchini rather than sweet potato or a fried chicken dinner when you really asked for dino nuggets. mhm. Fortunately, with zucchini you’re fine. Most veggie combinations roast well and it’s actually fun to mix + match and discover your preferences.
Plus, this recipe is super low key as it only requires one pan. & if you’re looking to cut your clean up time in half, invest in some parchment paper. Trust me. Lining pans with parchment paper before roasting or baking is literally my favorite hack of all time. Tbh, I’m not sure if it’s an actual hack or just common sense, but it turns clean up into a crumble + toss, so I’m all for it.
Luckily, Pinterest has a black hole of one pan recipes similar to this one, so I’ll be back soon with a new medley. I’m feeling chicken thighs. Stay tuned.
buen provecho x muchos besos
One Pan Sausage + Veggie Roast
*yields 4 servings
- 4 chicken sausages, sliced
- pork + turkey work also
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled + cubed
- 2 bell peppers, thickly diced
- 1 red onion, thickly diced
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only
- olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- salt + pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese *optional
- parchment paper
- oven safe pan
- Preheat oven to 410 F
- Line pan with parchment paper
- Throw all the sliced + diced ingredients into a large bowl
- Drizzle with olive oil, cayenne (mind the heat), oregano, salt + pepper, and toss
- Layer the sausage + veggie mixture on the pan with parchment paper
- Roast for 25 minutes, remove from oven + toss
- Return to oven for 20 minutes, remove from oven, toss + sprinkle parmesan cheese
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy burnt you like your veggies
- Voila! Enjoy alone or with rice!